Sunday 11 July 2010

Journey

I am listening to Plan B, strange hey?

I have no doubt that people other than me will post on this blog soon, I just wanted to throw out another post before I advertised it, give those I tell about it a little something more to read, besides there was things I wanted to write about.

Unrelated stuff over.

I believe life is a journey. I love road trips, the chance to travel with friends, see what might catch your eye along the way, what adventures might unfold. Why hold the fun until the destination is reached when the journey itself can be enjoyed? I want to apply that attitude to life. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in reaching a destination I forgot to enjoy the road I'm walking along. The band too is a journey and one I want to enjoy each step of.
I was just reading an interview with As Cities Burn who are no longer a band, but were once a very very good band. In the interview Cody talks about the journey they went on and how he wished he'd enjoyed it more rather than looking ahead all the time, how he wished he'd made the most of each tour instead of hoping for bigger tours. Wether it's hanging with my buddies writing tunes or recording a song, wether it's playing in a small room to a small group of friends or on a large stage to a big crowd I wanna make the most of each step and enjoy each moment. If this is as good as it gets, this is good enough. I love this band and I love the friends I've made through it. I used to long to be in a band, that day came. Then I hoped for the chance to write my own songs with a band that too happened. The next wish was to be able to play these songs too others and sure enough that became a reality. I sometimes look at songs far better than I can write or shows far bigger than I could play and feel so far off the dream, yet if you'd asked me a few years ago what I'm doing write now would have been a dream. If I can't
enjoy this right now I don't think I'll ever be satisfied, but there is so much to enjoy right now. I said it in my previous post but I'm so excited about the stuff we're writing write now, I can't wait for you to hear it, I can't wait to hear it myself.
When Luke gets back off holiday I'm sure we'll have much more to talk about, for now, shalom.
"Love people, eat stones"
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment